Friday, June 24, 2011

Boise's 100 year old trees-"City of Trees"

I was down in Boise's North End previewing a home and appreciating the massive trees and enjoying the peaceful feeling that all the trees bring forth in me. For me, looking down Harrison Blvd is always a treat.

I remember as a youth, the first time I flew into Portland with it's forest of trees, my first question was why do they call Boise the "City of Trees." In contemplating that,  I suppose it likely came from the large disparity in the "old days" between the surrounding area of desert sage brush and the trees located along the river. If you are traveling through trees a city with trees would not beg mention. But I can only imagine the welcome sight of shade after approaching Boise from the east and all that barrenness. That "lovely" drive from Mountain Home to Boise is still mighty barren!

I do enjoy this "City of Trees!"

No comments:

Post a Comment