Friday, April 1, 2011

Three Degree Guarantee!

Good Morning Treasure Valley!  What a beautiful spring day, temperature to be in the low 70's, the sun is out, attitudes are improving, and houses are worth more. (Yes, studies have shown that houses bring higher offers on sunny good weather days than bad.) Speaking of the weather, one of the local Boise TV weather forecasters offers a "three degree guarantee." Sounds great. But what do I get if he misses the mark? Do I get my weather back? Can I take the temperature back to him for an adjustment? Will he make it up on the next day's forecast, and how will he do that? Does he lose his job? How do I get a refund?

It seems to me that it is mighty easy to make a guarantee when there is no recourse. I suppose it is a catchy phrase. I guess I worry less about catchy phrases and more with the actions behind the phrases. You will hear a lot of those kind of phrases thrown about by agents. I am much more content under promising and over delivering!

But with or without a guarantee,  it is a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment