Thursday, February 23, 2012

Memories of Grandpa and Grandma-now rubble.

In reading the paper a couple days ago I noticed this article about tearing down an old building in Caldwell to make way for future use by Canyon County. I have a very personal connection to that structure, my only memories of my Grandmother are of going to that building, which was then a apartment house owned by my Grandfather, entering through the back door via the kitchen and being greeted by my grandmother offering me a piece of candy.



This current picture certainly indicates the place had seen better days. My grandmother passed away over 50 years ago. My grandfather had purchased the apartment house and moved after he sold the farm. The apartment they occupied had a kitchen, bathroom and living room that doubled as their bedroom with a Murphy Bed on the wall.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment