Monday, December 9, 2013

Baby it's COLD outside!

I  don't know about you, but as far as I am concerned they can take this  "arctic blast" somewhere else! I have had enough. Of course when I start complaining I check the temperature for my daughter in Miles City Montana and they hit 35 below! so perhaps I should just grin and bear it.

I also think of a couple of people whom I have sold houses to this past summer from much warmer climates, I am sure they are questioning what they have gotten themselves in for.

I did see these recommendations that are worth reprinting.

During the current winter weather conditions we recommend you do the following to protect your home and protect your pipes from freezing:


  • Close foundation vents around the base of your home when the temperature is below 20º F then open them once above 20º F if they are around a water area (i.e. exterior hose spicket, etc.)

  • Leave a little water dripping from inside faucets

  • If you have plumbing that runs along an outside wall, be sure to leave cabinets open & wrap exposed pipes with insulation, as well as wrapping any exterior pipes with insulation

  • If you water heater is in the garage, keep the garage door closed

  • Disconnect hoses from outside the home


I guess it is time for me to go put on my 6 layers of clothing and go for my walk today. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment