Monday, July 11, 2011

Tale of Two Cities, Boise and Marsing

My own tale of two cities, three counties and a lot of scenery. My tale and trip began Friday in the north highlands area of Boise showing some folks a townhouse overlooking Crane Creek golf course. With a view of the foothills and Bogus Basin it was a nice quiet location.

Immediately following that showing I had scheduled another showing south of Marsing. From there I drove through Boise to get back on I-84, through Meridian and Nampa and then headed west on highway 55. I enjoyed the trip through rural Canyon County with the spacious fields of corn, alfalfa, beans and breathed in the fresh smell of mint.

Then topping the crest of a slight hill I found myself overlooking the gorgeous Snake River valley, with the meandering river, lush farm ground and Owyhee mountains in the distance. Continued past the abundant orchards and verdant vineyards of the Sunnyslope area.

Then crossed the bridge into the small rural town of Marsing, population 800 and something. This small farming community has little in common with city of Boise that I just had left. I drove on winding through the surrounding fields to the location of this 60 year old home on about 5 acres.

The home portrayed better days with it's hardwood floors and coved ceilings, now exhibiting signs of neglect and water intrusion. But outside one's eyes beheld beautiful valley and mountain views.

It struck me how so very far apart these two houses and locations are in many ways, and yet both provided me with a sense of peace and serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment