Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nampa's pink, now vacant house.

Whether I am walking a neighborhood in Nampa, or driving through some suburbs of Boise, it is easy to see the large number of vacant homes. Some have for sale signs, some have the notice of trustee sale taped to their doors while others are just sitting there looking lonely. One home I notice is by Lincoln Park in Nampa, whenever I go by it I think of the people I sold it to over 20 years ago. (If you are wondering how I did that when I said I have been selling for over 16 years, I did sell real estate for a couple of years prior to that.) It was pink at the time and they did not want to look at it due to the color. (Pink houses are reportedly the hardest color house to sell, and as recall I sold two pink homes that year.) We looked at every other house in Nampa in their price range but they would not look at that pink house! Finally, I previewed the home and convinced them they needed to take a look, they loved the inside and decided they could paint it as soon they moved in. They purchased the home and I did notice it stayed pink for a couple of more years. The family then did a major remodel and painted the exterior.  I would drive by and notice how much the house looked lived in and loved with the play set in the backyard, flowers bordering the front and cars in the driveway. I don't know how long they lived there but no one lives there now and yes the house looks lonely. Hopefully soon some new family will call this no longer pink house their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment